Energy@Stanford & SLAC 2022
Energy Research for the 21st Century
Interested in energy? Want to meet energy experts at Stanford?
Apply to attend Energy@Stanford & SLAC: September 12-16, 2022
Jumpstart your energy education at Stanford. Build your personal energy network at Stanford. Learn about current research from over 35 renowned Stanford energy faculty and expert speakers. Develop a broad perspective on energy. Network and meet Silicon Valley energy entrepreneurs.
Energy@Stanford & SLAC is an annual conference for 130 incoming Stanford graduate and professional school students interested in energy. The conference is planned by Explore Energy at the Precourt Institute for Energy, as one of the Stanford Graduate Summer Institute (SGSI) courses.
This course will allow you to learn about the depth and breadth of energy research at Stanford, grow your personal cross-campus network, meet Stanford energy faculty, attend in-depth interactive elective classes of your choice, experience a team challenge, and build an interdisciplinary community across campus. An energy background is not required; students from all schools and departments are encouraged to apply.
This multi-day conference offered through the Stanford Graduate Summer Institute (SGSI) is free and open to 130 incoming Stanford graduate and professional school students. To APPLY and to find out more about SGSI and other courses being offered, please visit: https://vpge.stanford.edu/interdisciplinary-learning/sgsi.
2022 Course Details:
Who: Up to 130 incoming and current Stanford graduate and professional school students
Where: On campus
When: September 12-15 (Monday-Thursday): 9am - 7:30pm & September 16 (Friday, optional): 8am - 2pm
2022 Speakers included:
- Sally Benson, Professor, Energy Resources Engineering, Precourt Family Professor
- Chris Field, Professor, Biology and Earth System Science
- Chi-Chang Kao, Director, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory; Professor, Photon Science
- Yi Cui, Director, Precourt Institute for Energy; Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- Stephan Graham, Dean, School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences, Professor, Geological Sciences
- William Chueh, Associate Professor, School of Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering
- Arun Majumdar, Professor, Precourt Institute for Energy, School of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Simona Onori, Assistant Professor, School of Earth, Energy and Environmental Sciences, Energy Resources Engineering
- Brian Bartholomeusz, Executive Director, Innovation Transfer, Tomkat Center for Sustainable Energy
- Amory Lovins, Adjunct Professor, School of Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering
2022 Topics included:
- Energy law and policies
- hydrogen fuel cells
- advanced batteries
- climate change, smartgrid
- energy efficiency
- carbon capture and storage
- energy markets, oil and gas
- natural gas
- energy entrepreneurship
- economics and finance
- and many more
Sponsors include: the Precourt Institute for Energy (PIE), Vice Provost Office for Graduate Education (VPGE), Stanford Institute for Materials and Energy Sciences (SIMES), and SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory